Friday, 7 August 2015

August Empties!

I've had loads of empty products collecting and I keep meaning to do an empties post so as I am trying to clear out my room I thought I would tell you my opinion on some products I've used up, although there is lots of similar products, so sorry about that!


Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser (£4.99)
I have to admit I was first attracted to this product due to the grapefruit part as I just love the scent, however it was also branded as an oil controlling moisturiser which is what I always look for. I like how this moisturiser still leaves my skin feeling hydrated and is definatley more of a cream than a gel, so is one I prefer to use at night as for day I prefer to have a lighter base. However, as a night cream for people with oily/combination skin I really recommend it as you rarely find night creams for oily skin.

Clean & Clear Spot Control Moisturiser (£4.49)
Clean & Clear is a brand I have used for a long time and I actually got some of my first ever skincare products from here so can always rely on it. Unlike the Neutrogena one this one is much thinner and more of a gel consistency and sinks into the skin really quickly so is perfect for the morning and has really helped keep my skin clear. I would definatley re purchase this as I noticed a slight difference in my skin and just loved the way it felt. 

Garnier Pure Active Daily Scrub (£3.59)
I really enjoyed using this face scrub every morning and felt it made my skin feel really awake, it was also a nice gently scrub which can be hard to find, meaning I could use it daily. It also had a really nice scent which didn't irritate my skin and was a great thing to smell first thing in the morning. I definitely want to try more from this range in the future. 

Witch Foaming Face Wash (£3.99)
Another brand that I think I have almost tried everything from the range in as it is a range targeted for spot prone oily skin and definitely advertised mainly for teenagers. I really like the way it foams as it feels really light on your face as I find some face washes can feel too heavy on my skin. I can also tell a difference in the oil on my face as there can often be quite a lot first thing. 

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Leave In Conditioner (£3.99)
I bought this quite a while ago and only recently used it up since I have gotten back into using leave in conditioners, I feel this one really helped strengthen my hair and there were definitely less breakages after using this regularly for about a week. As with any herbal essences product it leaves an amazing scent on your hair which lasts all day, without being too overpowering. 

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo (£4.99)
I don't need to say a lot about this one as I have mentioned it so many times this is a perfect quick freshen up to use between washes and also gives a bit of volume, as you can guess I'm already onto my next bottle.

Rimmel Brow This Way (£3.99)
I didn't really know when this product was actually empty as I used it after my powder to set my brows or if I'm going for a more natural look and it seemed to last forever so eventually picked up a new one. This give a really natural hint of colour and is so easy to use, I have already been using my new one for a while and is now a staple in my makeup bag.

Superdrug Acetone Free Nail Polish Remove (£1.39)
I bought this to look after my nails to give them a break from acetone however I found this one wasn't as strong as the acetone one so I had to use more of it, so now I think I'll just stick to the normal one, it may also be because its only superdrug own so may try another one, let me know if you have any recommendations!

Garnier Micellar Water (Normal & Oily/Combination) (£4.99)
I have done a whole blog post on these 2 which you can read here, but this is another staple product in my skincare routine and its great value as one bottle lasts a long time, it is also always on offer.(I re-used a picture hence they aren't empty!)

Thanks for reading let me know if you have tried out any of these products and what you think!

Grace
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment